Our Lending Library and Carrier Policies
Carry Wichita maintains a library of baby carriers for everyone to try on and practice with for free at meetings. At monthly meetings, members have the opportunity to “check out” or borrow carriers to take home and use for a month to be returned at the next monthly meeting.
Below are our lending library policies and procedures.
- Before checking out any carriers, members must read and sign the Lending Library agreement.
- When checking out a carrier you are unfamiliar with, you must have received instruction from a peer educator before taking it home.
- Carriers checked out at a meeting will be returned at the next monthly meeting. (i.e. If the carrier was checked out at the Sunday meeting, it will be due back at the next Sunday meeting.)
- DO NOT wash library carriers (carriers will be laundered by Carry Wichita volunteers according to manufacturer/warranty guidelines and specifications). If the carrier is in urgent need of washing due to vomit or other bodily fluids, please contact a leader for instructions. Be prepared to follow instructions exactly or return the carrier ASAP so appropriate cleaning can take place.
- DO NOT smoke in a library carrier, wear carrier around smokers, or allow pets access to carrier.
- You are responsible for damages incurred while carrier is in your care.
- If you are unable to return your carrier on time, please make arrangements to return the carrier to an educator BEFORE the meeting so that the carrier can be cycled back into the library
- If you cannot return the carrier on its due date, you are responsible for delivering it to an educator within a timely manner.
- A late fee of $1 per day will be applied for late returns not otherwise arranged for. Late fees will need to be paid in full before another carrier can be checked out. Failure to pay late fees will result in termination of access to lending library.
- Failure to respond to contact regarding late carrier within two weeks will result in an invoice for the cost of the carrier, as the carrier will then be assumed stolen.
- You will be invoiced for the cost of the carrier if returned damaged.
- Failure to return a lending library carrier or sending payment for a carrier within 30 days past due will result in a police report filed for stolen goods.
- When using a library carrier, you acknowledge that this is a used baby carrier and you’re assuming all safety risks; that you will make arrangements to return carrier on time and/or pay late fees or assume cost in full if not returned/damaged; that you will care for the carrier to the best of your ability; and, that you will apply best practices of wearing at all times.
To view a complete inventory of our chapter library, please visit https://bwiwichita.myturn.com/library/inventory/browse